1. Treat school like a job. Start early in the morning and you’ll most likely be able to leave the studio before midnight.
2. Study with people that are smarter than you.
3. Remember that an open mind makes a better place for ideas.
4. Talk to professors who actually practice.
5. Don’t date people in the major. This takes the pain away should the person you break up with stay in the major. (I’d also highly recommend architects not inbreed although I have friends that did. The only way it works is if one of them isn’t completely self absorbed. I can say this because I can pretty much guarantee at least one is.)
6. Take a liberal sampling of courses other than architecture.
7. Take math, reading, writing, history and even structures seriously. You’ll need the first four just about every day. History comes in handy for design and sanity. You’ll need structures to pass the ARE (architectural registration examination).
8. Work for an architect in the summer. It may save your life.
9. Count your lucky stars you got in to an architecture program. Most people didn’t.
10. Realize that architecture school is very little like the real world.
11. Learn to draw and make models. You’ll be sitting behind a computer the rest of your life.
12. Dream and think big. It may be the last time you do.
13. Embrace the fact that everyone does things differently.
14. Learn from everyone and everything.
15. Don’t drink while you’re working late at night. It won’t be pretty in the morning.
16. Cover your x-acto blades with tape and put them in a safe place when you’re done. This also includes not cutting toward your body or body parts.
17. Get the heck out of the studio every once in a while.
18. Shut up and listen.
19. Don’t be the person that does lots of talking and little work. You may be smart but running your mouth will only get you so far.
20. Make good friends and keep them forever. You’ll need them when you get out.
Not only is his original post about the album name being “Des Wahnsinns Fette Beute” no longer there (replaced only with the LOL emoticon from the forums), but the separate thread where he posted about it is completely gone as well.